Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Wonderful Chippy Rusty Find ~

Isn't this the greatest shabby find ?? I found it last Friday on our adventures around the county.
We stopped at a garage sale, one of my favorite thrift stores and another little store that I LOVE and that is where I found this item. I really don't know if you would call it a table or what, but I can just see pots of herbs or flowers sitting in it and trailing over the side. Any other ideas?
I would love to hear them...
When I saw that this gem was only 5.99 I just had to pick it up. The people who own the store know me by name and the gentleman could not believe I would want this rusty old thing. I said YES of course I do! (LOL) I told him my husband was sitting out in the car and would be shaking his head when I carried it out and boy was I spot on. TOO FUNNY! But hubby really doesn't mind what I buy...he is just a cabinet builder (on the side) and still hasn't figured out why people would want things that are chippy, rusty and distressed looking.
I will say though that he doesn't mind at all what I carry in the house and is very easy going with my style of decorating. Have a wonderful day filled with unexpected blessings ~

4 comments:

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Hi Sandi... Love rusty also.... I'm home and ever so glad....

Maisy said...

i'm a rust girl too.
thanks for sharing the pics.
great find!!!

Anonymous said...

Sandi you are so lucky! I love it and would have picked it up too!

debbie said...

DEAR SANDI,
I LOVE...LOVE...LOVE...THAT TABLE
WHAT MIGHT BE CUTE AS A PICTURE IS PUT SOME REAL PRETTY NETTING....FLUFFY AND THEN SET YOUR BEAUTIFUL BOTTLES YOU MAKE IN THERE AND TAKE A PICTURE...YOU COULD HANG SOME LITTLE PRISMS FROM THE LOOPS THAT GO AROUND THE TABLE....THEN PUT THE BEAUTIFUL TRAILING FLOWERS IN IT...I CAN JUST SEE THAT AND IT WOULD BE BEAUTIFUL ON MY FRONT PORCH...LOL
THERE ARE ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES....IN THE BATHROOM TO HOLD LOTIONS AND POWDERS AND ROLLED UP HAND TOWELS
HUGS
SHOW US WHAT YOU DO WITH IT
debbie