Monday, March 16, 2009

I Purchased the WRONG One ~

Here is my new washer..purchased at Sears...a Kenmore 600. Now the *REST OF THE STORY*... I read and studied washer reviews like crazy this past week which was no easy task on dial up internet. Then off to Sears we go. Looked them over , talked to the manager, picked one out (Kenmore 800)..."oh sorry we do not stock this one...it will be 14-17 days to order one in"..." but I NEED one NOW". So we head to another town to look at Lowes and Sears which is probably a good 30-40 miles from where we were. Didn't find a thing at Lowes and that Sears didn't stock them either....long story short hubby stopped at the first Sears on his way home from work the next day and purchased the floor model and brought it home. I was doing the happy dance...I can now do laundry. Washed two loads and happy dance did not last long. I said, "What in the world is this washer doing"...puts in a little water...agitates clothes, puts in a little more water ...agitates more. Can't open the lid and see because everything stops and when it is all done the clothes are a tangled mess.....I was not a happy camper. Found out I had gotten one with an automatic water level sensor... the thing I did NOT want. I could not believe it after all the time I spent picking out a washer! Woke up the next morning and hubby said, "I am so proud of you" to which I said, "WHY".......you spent so much time reading reviews and picking the right washer (or something along those lines...LOL) and I said , OH.. Wellllllll I have been thinking how much I really dislike this washer and I want to return it ". I bet that took the "I am proud of you right out of him"...hee hee! Sears REALLY HAS a no hassle return! We called ...no problem...loaded it up..returned it and came home with the Kenmore 600. I can leave the lid open while the water runs in (couldn't on the other one) and it has water levels that I can choose. See why I hate appliance shopping. I pray this washer lasts for many many years! Blessings ~

3 comments:

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Oh Sandi.. you story is a funny not so funny one... Glad you found the right one... Oh my... Have a great wash day...

Maisy said...

i also have one of those high efficiency TOP loading washing machines. Mine has a glass top so i see what's going on in there. I think mine is a maytag!!
happy washing!
:)

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a hassle Sandi!!! Glad you got one you like now and that it works for you!!!

I would have loved to have seen the look on your husband's face when you said you wanted to return it...lol...sounds exactly like something I would do!