Saturday, February 7, 2009

Dads Birthday Gift ~

I wracked my brain about what to give my dad for his birthday this year. What do you give someone who doesn't really *NEED* anything. He is always thankful for anything, but I wanted to do something special. He got into flying RC airplanes a few years ago and absolutely loves it. Thus followed my hubby, son, brother, nephew...all getting RC Planes and going out to dads house and flying them. It is fun to watch them...except when they crash and moan and groan...LOL This is the outside of the box. I printed "Dad" in Beyond Wonderland font on the computer and cut it out with my scallop cutter ~ Added brown paper shred inside along with a note ~
The gift...drum roll...TA DA...paper airplanes made out of money! It was a big hit and he loved it! Had I thought of this sooner I would have picked up a bunch of one dollar bills and he could have had a whole fleet of airplanes!
I tried folding different styles of paper airplanes, but I always came back to the simplest folded airplane around... Have a blessed day~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i came cross your blog few days ago...love it. Oh I know what you mean trying to buy for someone that has everything and if they don't have it they go buy it. But that sure was a cute and clever idea. Seems something my daughter would do for people.
Cute...cute...cute...
k

Anonymous said...

SANDI,
WHAT A CUTE IDEA
I KNOW THAT WAS A BIG HIT.
NOW MY DAD IS LIKE YOUR DAD...ONLY HE DOESN'T FLY AIRPLANES.....HE DOES GARDEN HOWEVER...HOW DO YOU FOLD MONEY TO LOOK LIKE A SHOVEL.....
BLESSINGS
debbie

Lady Pamela said...

What a brilliant idea. I am looking for creative ways to give gifts as well. Thanks for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your gift idea! HOW FUN! You are sooo creative...i'm sad I got left out of that gene poole!