Monday, February 9, 2009

Sad Sign of the Times ~

Maybe you already know this , but I just found out that *SHABBY CHIC* just filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy last week. I have always loved Rachel Ashwell's Shabby Chic line ...especially the line at Target which I can afford. I have a duvet cover and shams, several sets of sheets and other goodies such as towels, *PINK* matches (and matchbox) , curtains ...etc...all from her Target line and I love them. I purchased the above tote bag from her upscale Shabby Chic line on ebay a few years ago. I thought it would be larger (there I go for not reading the fine print again...LOL) , but I have always loved it anyways just as it is. It saddens me to think that this bad economy has claimed yet another victim, but I believe she will be back and better than ever. After all she is a fighter and will fight for her company. You can read her blog here and wish her all the best.

2 comments:

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Hi Sandi... I also am not happy about Ashwell but it is happening everywhere. I have a few of her things but couldn't afford most but feel I was able to get the look on a budget... Guess I will continue to get the look... huh? I just mix what I love from victorian to shabby vintage and I think it works just fine..... We can just continue to do what makes us happy on our little budges... Just makes the creative juices flow more is all and that is a good thing.

Anonymous said...

So so so sad when I heard the news! She was my very first inspiration for romantic decorating. And I own a ton of stuff from her Target line...it will be missed if it is no longer available :(. I actually was sad last time I went and the pet section was gone :(...no more pretty stuff for Renoir!