Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Simple Lampshade Embellishment ~

Things of *BEAUTY* are to be shared and enjoyed and not hidden away ~ I was thinking today how much antique lace I have just laying in piles away from the unseeing eye and I realized I MUST get some of these out to use everyday.

This piece of lace was just the perfect size to lay around the top of my lampshade. I took a beautiful ribbon rose pin that I purchased some time ago from Meadowstreet and I pinned it to the lace. I absolutely LOVE the look ! I am finding myself drawn to more creams, taupes, and browns. They have such a calming effect on me. I think I may be moving away from so much pink...did I say that? Never thought I would! ~

Erica embellished this pin with seam binding ribbon, antique buttons and a tiny key charm...too cute!
This was just a simple embellishment , but it made a big difference in my living room. Have a beautiful day. Blessings~

6 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

I LOVE this Sandi!!!! I've got a rose from her as well...hmmmm, I think I may need to try your idea! thank you sweetie, xxoo, Dawn

Miss Gracie's House said...

PERFECT!! I love it-it is just where my eye is going these days, too.
What a fun place your potting shed must be-Isn't it funny how we have to decorate *everything*?
Rene'

The Vintage Rose said...

Sandi, I 'm glad you did this and shared it with us- so romantic, a beautiful finishing touch to the lamp. PS I found you by following the link from Sandra at Shabbyroses.

Anonymous said...

Lovely what a neat way to use Erica's roses! I have been leaning the same way with color and have been eliminating much of my pink but not all for a few months now.

Fete et Fleur said...

THis is beautiful and such a wonderful way to use what you already have in decorating.

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Adorable...love the colors...