Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Recycled Greeting Cards ~

I had so much fun making these tiny little houses that I wanted to share them with you. A couple of years ago my cousin gave me a box full of my late grandparents 50th wedding anniversary cards. She knows I love all things vintage so I was thrilled when she passed them along. They just sat in a box for several months while I was trying to decide what I wanted to do with them. I wanted to share them with other family members somehow, but wasn't sure exactly just how I wanted to do that.

Then one day I found a tiny house ornament pattern in a magazine and knew instantly that is what I would do. I made several houses, embellished each one with glass glitter and then packaged each one in cellophane tied with a ribbon. I also included a picture of our grandparents in each one and a note telling that the houses were made out of our grandparents 50th anniversary cards from years past.( I also glued a tiny paper to the bottom of each house describing what they were). Then I handed them out to family members and everyone was just delighted to receive them. Enjoy ~

I hope this has inspired some of you to get out those old cards and make some goodies. I know I can only store so many things in my house so this was a perfect solution.

On another note, I about panicked this morning when I took out my camera and it would not work. I kept getting an E18 error and I have heard horror stories about that! I got online and found a couple solutions and tried one. It worked and so I just pray it keeps working because I feel like I am lost without my camera! I hope you have a wonderful day filled with blessings

7 comments:

Miss Gracie's House said...

What a sweet idea! And *we* are glad your camera is behaving again!
Rene'

Anonymous said...

SANDI,
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL WAY TO REMEMBER YOUR GRANDPARENTS IN SUCH A MANNER.
THERE IS A SCRIPTURE:
CHILDREN'S CHILDREN ARE A CROWN TO THE AGED.
~PROVERBS 17:7
WHAT A STONE YOU ARE IN YOUR GRANDPARENTS CROWN.
BLESS YOU ALSO FOR SHARING WITH YOUR FAMILY.
BLESSINGS
debbie

Anonymous said...

Those are such a wonderful way to remember their anniversary and your grandparents.

Anonymous said...

Sandi,
These are the most precious little houses ever!!! You are so creative to use the cards...I would never have thought of that!

Hope your camera is on the mend!
~Alice

Betty said...

I love your idea. Now I'm wishing I hadn't thrown away old cards.

Laurie said...

I really love this idea! What a wonderful way to honor your Grandparents and be able to enjoy those cards. I still have some lovely cards my Mom sent me ~ I don't think I am ready to use them, but I will keep this in mind!Right now seeing my name in her handwriting and signed "Love Always, Mom" still brings a lump in my throat.
I take turns with them and hang them on my memory board to enjoy:)

cottage farm villa said...

Oh my.....soooooo cute!!!

great idea.

~Cheryl