Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Favorite Herb...Basil ~

Do you have a favorite herb? I do ~

Mine is *Basil*
I saw a recipe awhile ago for Basil Lemonade
and I shared it on my blog,
but I had never made it myself...
fast forward to yesterday.
I was cleaning out my refrigerator and had
a package of lemons and 2 limes that
I needed to use up.
So I juiced them all and put them in a pitcher
along with some sugar and water.
It was so
good and refreshing. But, then I remembered...ah ha...
*BASIL*
I put a few leaves in my glass {hubby wouldn't drink basil lemonade if he had to}
I took a wooden spoon and kinda smooshed them against the
side of the glass to release some of the basil oils.
It was
WONDERFUL !
I am enjoying it today also ~ Blessings~

8 comments:

Splendid Little Stars said...

Basil is my favorite, too. I will just have to try this!

Anonymous said...

Sounds refreshing but I gotta' agree with your Hubby. My idea of basil is in spagetti sauce!! LOL!!
Hugs,
Marilyn
xxoo

Lady Farmer said...

My favorite herb is Lavender! Not just another pretty face but aromatically therapudic, antibacterial, and culinary also!
But then, as with all flowers, I love ALMOST all herbs, too! :~}

Miss Gracie's House said...

Hmm, not sure about that one!
Have a great evening!
Rene'

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Hi Sandi... I also use allot of basil in my cooking... any tomato recipe and soups... I have to think longer about the basil lemonade but I have to admit it is interesting.

blushing rose said...

DH has a follower ... chuckle. Have a great week. TTFN ~Marydon

Seawashed said...

My favorite herb is thyme...I grow it, dry it, and cook with it.

Lavender is a really close second.

Amanda Kaake said...

I just need to add that my favorite is basil as well. Like mother, like daughter;)