Sunday, September 6, 2009

Shabby is Still Chic ~

Remember when
Shabby Chic
first came out several years ago...
I own two GENUINE shabby chic items
purchased back then.
One is this box of matches
{as you can see it is still unopened...how silly is that}

I also adore my enameled antique hand held mirror with
gorgeous pink roses.
Can't forget the pretty little vintage sachet either ~
I purchased this Shabby Chic tote a few years ago on ebay
and I am sure you all know how when you really want something
you can get caught up in *auction fever*...that was me!
I didn't over pay, but I thought it was much larger than it
actually is. I vowed to pay attention from then on. {lol}
I do love it though ~
The fabric is so beautiful and the colors are so soft ~

Tell a loved one today how much you love and appreciate them.

Life is short even at the longest~
Blessings~

10 comments:

Elyse said...

sooo pretty!

i wouldn't have opened the matches either! LOL

have a safe & happy long weekend.

xo
elyse

stefanie said...

that stlye, i hope never gets old, they are gorgeous

Splendid Little Stars said...

such pink and green and white loveliness!

Rust: Vintage Inspired Design said...

Love your shabby chic pieces....I am forever grateful to Rachel Ashwell for showing the world that old, chippy, vintage pieces are things of beauty!!!
xojanis

Michele's Treasures, Teacups, and Tumbling Rose Cottage said...

Ooooo...pretty! Good for you to have gotten them and to still have them. Have a great week. ; )
~Michele

Anonymous said...

Hi, Sandi! Well the "tote" is still adorable even though it probably doesn't tote much! ☺ The matc box and mirror are very pretty, too.

I've been under such a big rock that I hadn't even heard the term "Shabby Chic" until I started blogging. ☺ You miss a lot when you don't watch TV but I've found that you eventually find out about the important things! ♥

Judith Tetley said...

Oh no Sandi...don't open the matches...turn the packet into a 'pristine' vintage piece for your loved ones.
Love your blog.
kind Regards
From Judith in Australia
http://creativestudio10.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

I love her stuff too. Her blog is very neat also. She has started it since her Shabby Chic line has gone out of business. It is an interesting outlook on a trend and how the economy has effected us all. Love your treasures!
Hugs, Lisa

The Victorian Parlor said...

Very pretty!

Blessings,

Kim

Vicki said...

Hi, Sandi,
Loved all your shabby chic pretties. I am still a shabby chic girl. Love those pretty pastel colors. Thank you for sharing. I also looked at your soup recipe, and it had my mouth watering. Have a happy week. Vicki