Friday, September 25, 2009

My Little Corner of the World ~

Last Saturday I went to Hudson, Michigan
{approx. 20 miles one way} with the
intentions of going to a little antique store. Imagine my disappointment when I got there
to find a note on the door that said, open by chance
{I had their card that showed the days and
hours they were open and Saturday was listed }
So...I drove around town and luckily
I had my camera with me ~
Can you believe this gorgeous place is a museum? As soon as I saw it I was in awe so I drove around
the block, parked in front, got out of my car
and took some photos~
Isn't this porch just beautiful? I love the turret, the roofline, corbels I love it all ~ Gorgeous side view ~ I decided I am going to check into this and take a tour sometime soon~ Pretty close to my own back yard and I didn't even know it. I think I need to do some more exploring in my little corner of the world. If you haven't already done so please be sure and enter my giveaway by clicking here. Sunday at 9 am it will be closed so I can draw a winner by evening. Blessings~

10 comments:

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Sandi ~
That is just beautiful !! Oh my goodness I love Michigan ~ We went to Michigan on vacation and it was one of those states that I just fell in love with ~ The only thing I am not sure I would do so well in is the cold weather because I am a warm weather gal through and through ~
Thank you for the pretty museum pictures ~
xoxo
Lori

The Victorian Parlor said...

Oh my gosh that house is gorgeous!!! I am drooling just looking at the pictures:).

Blessings,

Kim

Elyse said...

beautiful! so nice that you had your camera with you!

xo

Lisa said...

Oh I would just love a house like this! Well until I had to clean it. hehe
Lovely shots thanks!
Hugs, Lisa

TheresainMS said...

Beautiful house; I'd love to go through it too :-)

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

OMG! Wow that place is fabulous.

Kim said...

Ahhhhhhhhh.. My dream house !!

Wouldn't you just love to live in a house like that? I know I would. To have a chance to decorate the interior in all my girly pinks and pastels would be a dream come true.

Leslie said...

I'd love to tour that home too! I didn't realize that you're in Camden until this post about Hudson. I grew up in Litchfield! Have a great rest of your weekend! Hugs, Leslie

June said...

I'm so glad you took a photo and posted them, Sandi, because this place is gorgeous. I've looked at the pictures twice and now I'm going back a third time.
I love your little Annika in the green 'soap'. You're right, she's just too cute to be mad at.
Hugs,
June

WIZARD OF ONCE WAS "WooW" said...

Hi Sandi,
What a beautiful house..so sorry it wasn't open. What a photo op that would be! At leaset it isn't too far from your home so you can return. That happened to me only I was in Tennessee,.. what a bummer!Sandi, please visit my blog to pick up a little something.
My Best
Gale