Saturday, May 16, 2009

My Beautiful Niece LaShawn...Happy Graduation!

"What lies behind me and what lies before me are tiny matters compared to Who lives within me".

Have you ever seen a prettier face or smile? This is my beautiful niece LaShawn, my brothers oldest daughter. She graduated from high school today and I just can't believe she is all grown up! It seems like just yesterday that she was a tiny babe in arms and my how the years have flown. We wish nothing but the best for her in the future.
A little back story ...I graduated in 1977 from a small christian school that our church had started. As the years passed the school had fewer and fewer students and I think it was even closed for awhile.
Then a *NEW PASTOR* came to town a few years ago and things have never been the same at the church I grew up in. He is young, has a vision for young people and the church that I grew up in has really taken off and grown by leaps and bounds. They built a brand new school beside the church and today my neice was the *FIRST* graduate since it opened last fall. She was the only senior, but it was a monumental moment. The commencement address was given by a representative from the 58th district of Michigan . Pretty special graduation for a very special niece! LaShawn we love you so much and wish God's blessing on your life. You will always have a special place in my heart~

Aunt

1 comment:

Kris said...

What an honor to be the first graduate of her school. Best of luck to her in the future.

Kris