Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Inspired Creativity ~

I rarely do two posts in one day, but I had a little inspired creativity going on today so I wanted to share it.
I got this idea from Notes From a Cottage Industry and I love it. In fact I loved it so much that I ran out and rescued these glass votives that I had in my garage sale last week before they were swooped up for 10 cents each! I used pages from an old french reading book, seam binding ribbon and vintage millinery flowers.
Tracey has a tutorial that you can use if you click here. These are so easy to make and are just beautiful! I pretty much made them as she suggested, but they would also be pretty with buttons , bling etc. instead of flowers. Your imagination is the limit!
Blessings ~

6 comments:

Amanda Kaake said...

Very cute!

Beedeebabee said...

Hi Sandi!
Those candles are just darling!
I wanted to stop by to thank you for visiting my new blog and for leaving such a nice comment too!
Smiles, Paulette :o)

Kim said...

What a lovely idea Sandi.

It's amazing how one can turn something as simple as a plain, clear glass votive into something so pretty without much work involved.

A Cottage Industry said...

I am so happy you enjoyed my tutorial for the votives. The little pink flowers are darling on them!
Tracey

Feedsack Fantasy said...

Absolutey darling, very easy ... TY for sharing. I will try this now, I can do simple things.
TTFN ~ Marydon

Lady Pamela said...

I enjoyed having 2 sweet posts to read today. I love visiting your blog. Thanks for the inspiration.