Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Teacup Tuesday and Bird Feeders ~

I was in the creative mood and wanted to try my hand at bird feeders/bird baths made out of glass ceiling fixtures. I made the one in the background first and then the one in the foreground. Love the design on the 2nd one I made!

I took a craft copper wire and ran it through each hole in the fixture, then through a hole in a button and back up through another button hole and then back through the hole in the shade and then twisted that shorter wire on the longer wire.. That way the button covers the hole and makes everything stay put. They are pretty easy, but you need two people when trying to get the wire even and twisted. (at least I did anyways and hubby was very helpful...thank you honey)
I told Kim over at Shabby Pink and Pretty that I would join Teacup Tuesday again today. This is a different take on teacups and I think I have shared these before so just pretend you haven't seen them. LOL Hubby helped me put these together last year also~ I attached a teacup and saucer to a vintage post and I love it! It adds such a pretty touch to my garden and I have received lots of compliments on them. If I could find a stash of posts I would even make them to sell ~
I urge you to try your hand at creating a birdfeeder/bath. You will have a fun time and you will love how they turn out and best of all they will be your wonderful creation ~
Blessings~

10 comments:

The Pink Rose Cottage said...

I was just looking at similar birdbaths this past weekend at an antique store.I have several shades and would love to try to make one!

Your teacup is just the sweetest. So cozy in the garden.

Holly

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Sandi. you garden items are adorable and your yard looks really pretty also....

Katie said...

What a delightful post! Happy Teacup Tuesday. I really love the ceiling fixture makeover, wow!

Jocelyn said...

What a sweet birdbath. You are very creative. I will be visiting again :-)

Jocelyn
http://happycottagequilter.blogspot.com/

Miss Gracie's House said...

So cute! I'm always afraid to drill in china...
Have a great day!
Rene'

The Feathered Nest said...

Hi Sandi! I just love both of these ideas!!! I've seen the teacup feeders but not the light fixture one ~ too neat...hope you are doing wonderful, xxoo, Dawn

Kim said...

What a great idea for using old teacups. I may just have to try something like that myself. I don't have a garden, but I still might be able to fix something up to diplay in front of my house. Thanks for sharing this idea.

So glad you joined in for Teacup Tuesday today.

Take care and have a great week!!

debi said...

I love your teacup birdbath! I'd love to have one but I'm too afraid to try to drill through the cup and saucer.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandi! I knew I would make my way over here eventually. How are you? Yes, I'm back. I have been having quite a few computer problems. I love the cup and saucer feeder and actually have two cups and saucers of my own that I plan to make into them. I just have to find the old table legs. And, the shade idea is so cute! I saw a shade at the Jewett flea market last month and now wish that I had gotten it. I'll be back to say "Hi". Stop by when you can.

Nanette said...

I have not seen your teacup bird bath, it is so cute. It really does look cute outside in your garden!
Valerie