Saturday, May 23, 2009

Down On The Corner... ~

Who would have ever thought...a *FLEA MARKET* on our little corner out in the country! We live on a dirt road just 3/4 mile off a main road and the couple who purchased the place down on the corner are holding a flea market this weekend! Talk about excited! They only charged people $5 to set up. There were cars stopping along the road the whole time we were there and it was exciting to see.
Hubby and I went to a town about 14 miles away yesterday garage saling and I found nothing. (he got a few tools,but that doesn't count...LOL) Then we come home and in our own back yard we find treasures! Love this old stand with clay pots ~ Just about anything you can imagine ~
I scored this window for $3 and also purchased three more ! (I will take the flowers off for my project) I have been looking for old windows for months now and I find these 3/4 mile down the road. Talk about happy!! AND they have more...they just live up the road and have gobs of old windows. I got their phone number...yay! ~ Look closely and you will see more windows that I purchased~ Doesn't this look like the *PLACE TO BE* this weekend ~
Lots of treasures to choose from~
Bill and Jane (the couple running it) even have a lunch wagon that they set up so we ate hotdogs and chips and drank fresh squeezed lemonade as well. We sat under a GO BLUE Michigan awning and just had a wonderful time ~
There was also a Amish wagon full of baked goods , but I didn't get a photo of that. We are hoping along with Bill and Jane that this will turn into a huge hit and attract more people each time. They are also having it the 4th of July weekend and over Labor Day. Can't wait to see how this takes off ...this could put our little Buckeye Road on the map! LOL I did purchase some other goodies , but will post them later. Have a wonderful weekend. Blessings~

4 comments:

Amanda Kaake said...

Oh I wish we were there this weekend! Looks like tons of fun. Glad you had such a good time and got some great deals.

Lady Pamela said...

What a great way to spend a day! You scored some great windows. I am spending the weedend with my precious grandsons.

Elyse said...

hi! just found your blog and your sweet etsy shop. what a great flea market. did you say you bought windows? i love 'em. i have one and want more. i backed it with wallpaper samples. a favorite!

xo

debbie said...

Man would I have liked to have been there with you...I too have been searching for windows and I love white milk glass...I am going to have to visit your etsy shop
hugs and giggles
debbie

I love your blog so very much