Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Chosen Pathways ~

Hubby and I have been talking lately about how the choices we make help determine our paths in life. They can be good choices or not so good ones, but every choice will make a difference in how we live out our lives. Sometimes the right path is not always the easy one, but in the end it is all worth it ~
Road Less Traveled~
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth.

Then took the other as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that, the passing there
Had worn them really about the same.

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet, knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence;
Two roads diverged in a wood- and I-
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Robert Frost

Blessings to you and yours today. May the paths you choose take you to glorious places yet unseen~

6 comments:

June said...

Hi Sandi,
What a delight to visit this morning and see my favorite poem. The pictures are wonderful.
Hugs, June

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Hi Sandi. Choices do make a difference and so many times we believe we have made good choices and they aren't what we should have made ....That is where wisdom comes from I believe.... Bad choices usually don't gain us wisdom as much as defeat... then the wisdom comes to shake yourself off and try again... The defeat is staying down... You and hubby talk and Tom and I can talk and say anything and it won't be taken in the wrong manner... just letting one another vent....

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Sandi,
What a beautiful poem, photos and post. You've made my early evening really nice - thank you.
xo~Tracie

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos Sandi, and I have always enjoyed that poem. So true about the choices we make!

Amanda Kaake said...

This also reminds me of Pilgrims Progress - the road less traveled. Lyshie LOVES that book and the movie made from it.

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God."

If we let him direct our path's, how much better off will the journey be. I love you mom!

Miss Gracie's House said...

Scary thought, huh? Aren't we thankful that as we trust He directs our paths...Love the photos...
Have a great weekend of celebration.
Rene'