Monday, May 18, 2009

Teeny Tiny Vintage Cards ~

I adore most any type of vintage paper items and I just love the old cards. They sure don't make them like they used to anymore. I have a collection of teeny tiny gift cards and wanted to share some of them with you today.

Isn't this little birdie so cute along with her pink parasol and flowers~
Love this parasol trimmed with vintage lace as well~ Another adorable little bird ~
Lovely umbrella with daisies~
I want a dress and hat like this~
Just too cute~
Sweet fair maiden bringing gifts~
I have noticed a lot of the older cards have birds on them~
I hope you enjoyed my walk down memory lane. I often wonder what will become of my vintage paper ephemera when I am gone because I don't think my daughter is the least bit interested in it. Although I think my oldest granddaughter would love it! She is a *DETAIL* person like me and she is only 10 years old. (well on June 2nd she will be) She loves to make things out of paper just like I did when I was young and she is always drawing or doodling...hmm...I think I found my answer~ Blessings~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When my Mother passed away in 1996 I inherited all her personal belongings. In them I found probably several dozen vintage greeting cards. I have hoarded them since... In fact I made a cute collage of them without cutting them & framed them for my bedroom!!
Take Care!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

June said...

Hi Sandi,
They will be treasures to your granddaughter. They are lovely little cards.
Hugs,
June

Miss Gracie's House said...

So very sweet...and remind me of my grandmother.
Rene'