Monday, May 11, 2009

Spring Blossoms ~

Our weather here in Michigan just can't make up it's mind. Cold, warm, rainy, cold again, warm again, just right, rainy, COLD AGAIN! I am hauling in my hanging baskets again tonight for fear of frost. I do hope that warm *SPRING* weather arrives soon to stay. I think those beautiful warm days that we were teased with in March makes it appear colder than it usually is for this time of year when in reality it is probably just about right. One of these days it will be warm and stay that way...until fall.

The sun was warm but the wind was chill
You know how it is with an April day,
When the sun is out and the wind is still,
You're one month on in the middle of May.
But if you so much as dare to speak,
A cloud comes over the sunlit arch,
A wind comes off a frozen peak,
And you're two months back in the middle of March.
~Robert Frost

Beautiful apple tree blossoms from our yard~
Crab apple tree blossoms right outside my back door~
Enjoy your day today whatever the weather...it is a wonderful day to be alive ~ Blessings~

3 comments:

Betty said...

Beautiful photographs. Our weather has made up its mind...hot and humid! This morning the windows were steamed up and I knew before I stepped outside that it would be a very humid day. Enjoy that cool weather for me.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Sandi! How well I remember the tempermental Springs in Michigan! But be comforted in the fact that Spring has been slow for most of the US this year.

I love the Pink and White of apple blossoms! We have Early apple trees that bear every other year so we only had a few blooms this year but the Dogwoods bloomed profuesly this year so that made up for it! ♥

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Pretty... pretty ... blossoms.... We got frost last night and my flowers were out but I don't think it got up by the house where most of them are... The sun is up this morning... yea,,,,,