Sunday, May 3, 2009

Strolling Through The Park One Day...

...in the merry merry month of May ~

I was smitten by Alice's post at Painted White this week called *In A Poet's Garden*(click here to see it) and I decided I just had to get to this Arboretum while the trees were still in blossom. We had not been here in years. It is a place I love to go that is only a 25 minute drive, but you know *LIFE* happens and things like this just seem to get placed on the back burner. We don't intentionally *NOT* go ...somehow it just isn't made a priority. Well...yesterday...

*IT WAS MADE A PRIORITY*
This lovely stone building and gorgeous tree met us as we strolled through the entrance~
Beautiful pink and white blossoms were lying about everywhere~ Several benches dotted the landscape for one to take a rest and enjoy Gods handiwork~ I was very surprised to see several deer laying just off the paths that we walked since this place is right in the middle of town. This deer was laying down and stood up just as I took the picture~ Love this saying ~
Our youngest son and his darling little girl accompanied my husband and I. She loves the outdoors...she had to walk up every step by herself...grunting those little baby noises all the way...so sweet~
Beautiful stone gazebo at the top of one of the the staircases~
I peered down over the ledge and saw this piece of paper...wondered what it was ...perhaps a love letter...oh probably not, but being the romantic I am I like to think so...(in reality it was probably a college paper since this is the college arboretum...LOL)~
Precious baby steps up yet another beautiful stone staircase~
One of several lovely buildings on our walk ~
I want to go back again when the clematis on this building are blooming and when the lilac bushes are in blossom as well. It will be just as gorgeous as today's walk if not even more so. I took 136 pictures today and I had to really pare them down . These are some of my favorites. Please take time to enjoy the little things in life. Take that walk you have been putting off ...stop and smell the flowers...enjoy LIFE~
Blessings~

5 comments:

June said...

Sandi, A beautiful walk in a beautiful place. So calming. Thanks for taking me along with you. A lovely day for your little one to enjoy with family. She made a memory today.
Hugs, June

Anonymous said...

Oh Sandi! There is so much beauty in this post I don't even know where to begin...but I will try ;) I love all the stone work...the buildings, stone fences, and that gazebo! The trees and blossoms strewn on the ground are so beautiful. I would have imagined it was a love letter too also being a romantic at heart!

And those little baby steps...sigh...just too precious for words! Thanks for the very lovely tour Sandi...I loved each photo on the journey!

Amanda Kaake said...

Oh how gorgeous! Looks like you all had a wonderful time together. I wish we were closer:(

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Very lovely post... wonderful memories.

Melissa/Piney Rose said...

Sandi, you have encouraged me to "de-stress". I plan to take a lovely walk tomorrow and soak in God's creation!