Saturday, May 16, 2009

Garage Sale Time ~

It is that time of year again for the annual *GARAGE SALE*. Actually I hadn't had one for years until last year and now again this year, but I aim to make it a yearly tradition . We live just north of a lake and their parade of sales is around the lake tomorrow so we don't have to advertise. People come in droves! I really needed to clean out much more stuff, but hopefully next year I can. It is just so much work getting ready for these sales! Seems more so every year. Maybe it is just my age creeping up on me. Ugh ~

Photo below is some of my closeout signs. I have had so many of these made up and stored up that they just had to go! Sold several today and hopefully the rest tomorrow~
I love this DREAM sign and the chandelier and lampshade with blue roses, but I can't keep everything. They are the simply shabby chic lampshades in the British Rose Pattern~ I told you I have accumulated a *LOT* of stuff! I don't know where this stuff comes from...lol! I told someone who stopped today that we should just have a big meet and swap stuff. We sell things at our sales and then go buy more stuff! Funny how that works ~
Scrapbooking goodies that I have wayyyyyyy too much of~
Ribbon and odds and ends...hopefully by tomorrow by about 11 am most of this will be all gone. I can only have the sale for half a day because my neice graduates at 1 pm. I am going to have to really move to get this sale going , closed up and on to the graduation and the open house afterwards ~
P.S. I only showed you the *PRETTY* parts of the sale. I left out hubbies tools and all those gadgets that we have no clue what they are or how they work! LOL
I hope you have a blessed weekend filled with people you love and things you love to do~

10 comments:

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Sandi... looks as though you will do well with your sales... Good Luck.

Kim said...

So many beautiful things you are selling in your garage sale. Oh, how I wish I lived closer to you. I could help you get rid of lots of it...LOL

Good luck with today's sale and have fun at your nieces graduation.

Kris said...

Oh how I wish I was in your area. Great garage sale items. Good luck with the sale.

Kris

Anonymous said...

Oh, I wish I could come to your sale, Sandi! I can't imagine having too much pretty stuff. I *can* relate to having too much guy stuff, though! ♥

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Oh my gosh Sandi ~ gorgeous !!

Melissa/Piney Rose said...

I would love to go to your sale! Some good stuff there.

Lady Pamela said...

Looks like you have a very busy weekend, Sandi. Don't wear yourself out.

June said...

Hi Sandi,
I hope you are able to part with this stuff, I know I couldn't. You had me laughing when you said that you all go around and just buy each other's stuff. Yous signs are lovely.
Hugs,
June

Miss Gracie's House said...

I have *heard* that there are people like you...with an abundance of stuff. LOL I'm just kidding, you know, laughing *with* you...I so have the same problem! And you are right-we all just trade stuff! Some of my best customers are other dealers. I've made signs very similar to those too.
Happy Sunday,
Rene'

Unknown said...

Hope you had a great sale! Wish I could come...maybe next year! ;)