Friday, January 15, 2010

Prayers all for Haiti ~

my heart aches for you,
my prayers are all for you,
my Heavenly Father has not forsaken you.
did you know that...
haiti is the poorest country in the western hemipshere
80% of the people in haiti live on less than $2 a day
80% have no access to clean water and cannot read or write
and now the earthquake...
just imagine children looking for parents
parents looking for children
so much despair...
my heart goes out to them. in our land we are so very blessed ~
{you can donate $10 by texting the word Haiti to
number 90999 on your cell phone and it will be added
to your monthly bill.
or you can visit redcross.org and donate that way}

4 comments:

Amanda Kaake said...

I wish there were no red tape so we could adopt 1-2 of the children. :( Why does there always have to be red tape?

GwendolynKay said...

I join you in your prayers.
Blessings.
Gwen

BellaRosa said...

Sandi amor, Heartbreaking...simply heartbreaking...this is a lovely post...I pray with your for everyone there. I think that we as a people have shown how caring we can be...gives me such hope..maybe one day... we can all do the same thing here, so that our children here, are not hungry in our own streets too...wouldn't that be wonderful. Besos, Rose

Splendid Little Stars said...

No, those statistics are not imaginable to those of us living in more developed countries. Perhaps the hearts and minds of us privileged ones will open wide to those in the world around us (even very close to home) who need our care.