Sunday, June 6, 2010

God is our refuge


” God is our refuge and strength,
a very present help in trouble".
My heart goes out today to all the families who were
affected by the storms and tornados in the surrounding
area last night. Please remember them in your prayers .
Many, many homes were totally destroyed,
{50 in one area alone), a school flattened,
and lives taken in an instant, in the middle
of the night.
Our son called us about 10:30 pm and told us that
we were under a tornado warning. We could even hear the sirens going off over at the lake, but thankfully we
had no damage here.
When these things happen I always wonder why
but, still...in my heart I know that God is good.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sandi, I will pray. I just finished my last post with almost the same words. Isn't HIm? He is good always.Blessings, Marta.
PD That photo is scarily amazing!

Anonymous said...

We are under a Tornado Warning here in NE PA. So very rare!! Keeping our fingers crossed!!!
Have a Wonderful Day!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Julie Marie said...

So happy you are okay Sandi... prayers going out to everyone affected by these tragic storms... xoxo Julie Marie

Splendid Little Stars said...

What a picture!
such a true quote...