Saturday, September 25, 2010

I hit the mother lode! {part 2}

More finds Thursday at the Hillsdale College
Rummage Sale ...

Not ONE ,but FOUR Wendy Addision glitter stars! These were the first things I spotted and picked up.
Well actually I picked up two of them and on my
second time around I found the other two.
50 cents each and the largest one is 13 inches
across! I love anything by Wendy.

New bags of vintage style tinsel for $1.00 and pink
and silver glitter balls all for 50 cents. These are very
lightweight and I fell in love with them.

Six of these cutie wreaths for 30 cents each.

little silver tinsel candy canes bunch for 30 cents

10 cents - 50 cents

vintage style bottle brush trees
small 50 cents each, large 1.50 and 2.00.

pretty vintage style star...this was $1.00
and it is much smaller than the Wendy Addison stars
I think different people price them.

bird ornies 50 cents for 3 and a santa cone ornie
for 10 cents. I realized I missed a tree topper in the
photos so who knows what else I missed, but you get
the picture.

Initially when I started picking up the stars and trees
the lady that was helping out just started picking things
up and saying "do you want this" and I would say YES....lol!!

This sale is the sale of all sales. It is huge and people come
from all over. We all stand outside in a line that snakes
around the college. It starts at 9 am and we always try
to be there at 8:30 so we can get towards the
front of the line.
Then when the doors are opened promply at 9 am
people flood inside. They have each department marked,
such as Antiques, furniture, Christmas etc. Ladies stand
in each department with sale pads in hand and as you
pick up an item you have them write down the price.
{I have learned along with most everyone else to take my
own bags to put my items in as I pick them up}
At the end you hand one of the cashiers your slip of paper, ( or papers such as my case was) they add it up and you pay.
I made three trips to the car before it was all over and then
we went for lunch, came back and hit the 1/2 off sale.
Most certainly a highlight of the year. Hope you enjoyed
my goodies.
Happy day!

Blessings~

24 comments:

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Love love love the stash...

Kateyed said...

This is just an incredible bunch of treats! I am so dazzled! I just came by way of Julie's site. I am putting you on my Google Reader, for sure, and I am going to start putting more of our sale finds on our blog.

Suz
Katsui

P.S. Come and visit our blog if you would like. We love vintage clothing and vintage jewelry. My daughter and I make upcycled jewelry together. Right now I am getting some swaps ready and there are pictures of Prague and Croatia. We leave on Monday and are here for our exchange student son's wedding!

Irene said...

You did hit the mother load. I'm very bad at these things, heck I'm just plain bad. I have no house left. It's a storage unit.

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Are you kidding?!! You hit the jackpot girl ~ and I just adore the candy canes!!

Unknown said...

...how fun is that???!!!
Those Wendy Addison stars were an absolutely STEAL!!!!! ~ and I'm sure they haven't lost their sparkle, and maybe all your treasures will sparkle a little extra more just knowing that you rescued them and that you will find a fabulous way to showcase each and every one of them!!
xo, Rosemary

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Wow Sandi ~
That is pretty much the coolest
sale ever !! I cannot
believe you got those at a
rummage sale ~
WOWWWZAAA !!

xoxo
Lori

Sheila said...

Wow! That is an amazing sale! I wish I could go but I'm on the other side of the country. :)

KarenB said...

My Gosh! You really found some awesome treasures! I'd wait in line for that one too. How fun!

Elyse said...

wow!

i think i would be very confused there but am GASPing over all of your purchases!

xo
elyse

Angela said...

Are you sure you're not dreaming?

Lady Pamela said...

You find the greatest things, Sandi. Send me some of your 'special touch' in and envelope. ;0)
I think my favorites are the glitter stars, or maybe the stars with the vintage people on them, or maybe ...

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Sandi,
Next year I soooo want to go with you! Awesome finds at awesome prices!
Deb :)

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Wow! You really lucked out! I love the Wendy Addison stars and the pink tinsel. I've been searching for the pink kind everywhere!
Michelle

Polly said...

Ohmigosh! Great stuff! Hillsdale is such a pretty place. Haven't been there in 20 years. jealous!

She Uses Her Words said...

You must have had so much fun! I love rummage sales. Thanks for sharing all your goodies!
xo, Karen

Dorthe said...

wow, how fantastic, a collection ,for almost nothing- you lucky girl,- this could never happen here at a rummage sale, -just love all you found.
xo Dorthe

Julie Marie said...

Hi Sandi... loved seeing the rest of your treasures... especially those stars!... xoxo Julie Marie

Anonymous said...

Love the bottle brush trees and wreaths! Good for you! ♥

Michelle said...

Lucky girl! oh what was that commandment, do not covet, I never happen upon great deals.

Vicki Boster said...

Is it a sin to lust after the things that your friend finds at the flea market? LOVE all of these dear Sandi - you did indeed make a haul of wonderful treasures! Vintage hristmas - my favorite!

Vicki

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Oh, Sandi, you lucky duck! You picked ALL the things I adore!! Such terrific prices, too! Good for you, sweetie!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Debra@CommonGround said...

Good Grief!!! we're all jealous, what a great sale! Love seeing all your goodies!!
xo,
Debra

Gretchen said...

You definitely hit the mother lode. Incredible! I've never heard of such reasonable prices for such fabulous things. I've paid full price for the Wendy Addison stars, and they aren't cheap.... Good for you.
ENjoy your finds.
Gretchen
http://mimitoriasdesigns.blogspot.com

QueenBe said...

WOW I wish I had known about this sale and about how good it apparently is! You found a gold mine in treasures. Lucky you, what great deals.