Thursday, December 29, 2011

Yummy treats and year end random shots

Have you ever had these pretzel bites? Oh my goodness...they are SO addicting!! My body has inhaled more sweets in the last week than it has for several months. I must get back to being good when this weekend is over!
In case you are interested here is the recipe:

Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites


1 cup creamy peanut butter

2 tablespoon softened butter

2/3 cup powdered sugar

3/4 cup light brown sugar

1/4 teaspoon vanilla

Pretzels

Chocolate candy coating {I used white chocolate}

Beat peanut butter and butter together until smooth. Beat in sugars and vanilla extract until moldable.

Use a small melon baller to scoop portions of mixture, sandwich between 2 pretzels. Place on cookie sheet & freeze for

half an hour. Dip in chocolate, let set, and enjoy! Store extras in refrigerator.

{I also had a tad of the melted chocolate left so I drizzled it over them at the end}





{I made this french toast for Christmas morning breakfast...Delicous!}

Blueberry Stuffed French Toast

1 loaf french bread, unsliced

1 {8 ounce} package cream cheese, cubed

1-2 cups fresh blueberries

8 eggs

2 and 1/2 cups milk, light cream, or half and half {I used 2% milk}

6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1 tablespoon vanilla

Cut french bread loaf into cubes. (you should have about 12 cups of bread cubes)

Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Place 1/2 the cubes in the baking dish. Top with cream cheese cubes and blueberries. Then top with remaining bread cubes.

In large mixing bowl, using a wire whisk , mix together eggs, milk, melted butter, cinnamon and vanilla until well combined. Pour evenly over bread cubes . Using a spatula, lightly press down to moisten.  Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2-24 hours. {I did it overnight}
Preheat oven to 325 degrees and remove plastic wrap from baking dish.  Bake for 35-40 minutes until center is set and edges are slightly golden. Let stand about 10 minutes before serving. Serve with maple syrup. {this is sooooo good} Enjoy!

I purchased this bird piece for my mother for Christmas and wanted to show it to you. It is such a pretty piece all covered in sparkles! My mom is crazy about birds and she loved it!


The top of my antique buffet in the dining room.


I added the words to this old door the day we were out of power for 13 hours. I was bored and had wanted to do this for a long time, so I finally did. One slight problem...the word ALWAYS is very sticky.  The black letters are just fine, but not the *Always*. What to do? Glitter?? Any ideas? Maybe that is why it was on clearance? hee hee

I also found out that it is not good to put adhesive letters on this kind of board with grooves in it. It was very tedious to get the letters to stick.You can also see the spots above the words, "rejoice in the Lord" where the masking tape took off some of the paint. Definitely not perfect, but live and learn I say! :)

This is how I packaged up some of my goodies to send in the mail this year. Took this angel graphic from The Graphics Fairy and lightened it up a lot and used it for an address label. I think they look much better than a computer printed label. One drawback...I actually had to take them to the post office to mail , but that is okay.


Lots of random photos, but wanted to share it anyways. Do you have big plans for the weekend? We will spend some time with our youngest son and maybe buy a new computer stand and put it together...and REST! lol
Happy New Year ...2012!!


Blessings~
Sandi




12 comments:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Happy New Year greeting to you, Sandi! Both of your recipes look fabulous! Yes, I have inhaled way too much stuff this past week too : (

Highpoint Circle said...

Happy New Year to you too. We all could use a good year! I think those birds are wonderful and I am glad your mother likes them too. Your recipes look great and so does your buffet.

Irene said...

I'll be induldging both those delicious recipes. Have a happy New Year.

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

I actually shouldn't have a single more calorie this year but those peanut butter pretzel bites look just too tempting, Sandi. I have to make some. The french toast looks very delicious as well but at the moment I try to be a good girl in the mornings and have only fruits for breakfast.
Your Christmas decoration is very pretty.
Happy New Year!
Hugs,
Julia

Andi's English Attic said...

Thanks for the Pretzle Bites idea. I'm going to try them tomorrow night.

Have a wonderful New Year. xx

Anonymous said...

Oh Sandi! I will try those pretzels NEXT year! I've been having counseling sesions with myself about getting back on track! I ask myself, "Holly, do you you want to be fat?" And then we go back and forth- round and round about all that. :)

Happy New Year! ♥

Unknown said...

Yummy!!!! Happy New Year

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Everything is so lovely... Thanks for the recipes.... Happy New Year....

Susie said...

Sandi, I was surprised to see my name on your blog pictures.LOL. I love that bird thing you made your mom, wow. You just have the best eye for making things sweet. You have not been the "lone ranger" when it comes to eating treats. I can honestly say, I have never met a cookie I didn't like LOL. Happy New Year to you and all of your loved ones. I wish you good health and great happiness. xo, Susie(She Junks)

Unknown said...

My precious friend, may the New Year bring you many new joys & blessings, fill your hands with lovely treasures.

So love you & am appreciative of your friendship, Sandi.

Happy New Year ~
TTFN ~
Hugs & love,
Marydon

LizlovesVintage said...

Have a Happy New Year, Sandi!
xxx Liz

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Happy New Year Sandi...wish I could be there tomorrow for some of that french toast!!