Monday, May 7, 2012

Contain Your Excitement!


Notice my white bicycle in the middle of the top row?

 Ladies Home Journal contacted me and wanted to know if they could put my bicycle
 photo in the June issue of their magazine and of course I said yes. Who would have thought
that little ole' me who lives out in the boonies...on a dirt road...somewhere in Pure Michigan
would ever have anything published in a magazine. It is rather fun to go to the store, pick up
 the magazine and thumb through it until you find your photo. Then when you purchase 10
copies of the same magazine the cashier wants to know why!!
 Just kidding. I only purchased two. :)


I love the title of the article.

Contain Your Excitement
"We got our hands dirty searching the blogosphere for the coolest, most
creative container gardens we could find.  These savvy planter ideas all
repurpose regular household stuff, proving it actually is easy being green."

Here is the front cover of the magazine if you desire to find one in  your area.
I picked mine up at Wally World for a whopping $2.49 so this magazine does not
break the bank. YAY! That is always a good thing. I know Walgreens in our area
also carries them, but not sure what other stores do.

Happy new week everyone!!

21 comments:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

So awesome :) !!!

Linda said...

How exciting for you. Congratulations!!

julie - eab designs said...

Congrats Sandi! That is exciting news!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Such a gorgeous photo and how exciting to have it published! Congrats!

time worn interiors said...

Congratulations! You are rock star now! Yeah!

tot

June said...

I am so happy for you Sandi! I can't wait to pick this copy up. Congratulations!

I have been sitting here reading your last several posts that i have missed, and I am in awe of your beautiful photos! Your garden is so beautiful right now and I loved seeing more of it. And then all the art you have been creating... so pretty. (kindda makes me feel like a slug in the getting things done area : )
I have got to come here more often because I can't seem to keep up and I hate missing out on all the beauty you share with us.

sending hugs...

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Congratulations! Love the white Bike, cute other ideas too~Cheers Kim

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

How exciting!!! I would have bought 20 copies -- maybe you should go back and get more than two!

Julie Marie said...

Way to go Sandi!... I am going out right now and buy a copy... xoxo Julie Marie

Shabby soul said...

WOW! Congratulations!
Silvia

Shabby chic Sandy said...

That article looks so cute. I would be thrilled to be in it too! I never buy this magazine but that article is so adorable I am going to go get a copy!

Susie said...

Sandi, That is so nice to see that bike in a magazine...because I saw it in your post last year. I still have not painted mine..Nana Diana painted a really cute one this past week. Smiles, Susie

Heaven's Walk said...

Woooo hoooo, Sandi!!!! Congrats, girlie!!! Next up.....an entire article! :) xoxo laurie

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Yayyy Sandi that is soooo coo!!!
I love your picture :)

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Yahoo!! Congrats Sandi!
Can't wait to see it in print!

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

Congratulations Sandi! What a sweet treat to have your photo featured. That bike is too cute with the plants. Wonderful idea and wonderful feature! Woo hoo!

Lady Pamela said...

Finally, someone recognizes greatness! Congratulations, Sandi. Have you picked out your gown for the red carpet now that you are famous? (Just joking) Well done indeed.

andrea@townandprairie said...

Yay! A feature! This is great news, congratulations!!

thistlewoodfarm said...

I just wanted to tell you how much I really like your feature! You truly, truly deserve it for your creativity and inspiration.

blessings,
karianne

Nita Jo said...

Congratulations Sandi! That's so exciting! I do love your bicycle photo. When I first saw it, I was wishing I'd kept my mom's old bike and used it. Now I am trying to look at other old things with new eyes. Your blog is so full of creative ideas! Thanks for sharing them!

Chris said...

So so proud of you and your creative style! It is very exciting to be featured...see you really are famous after all! Love you so much! Glad you are my sister!