Wednesday, June 3, 2015

It's Peony Time!


Are peony's blooming yet where you live? They sure are here in Michigan and
I took the opportunity to do a couple photos shoots. I think my camera is on the way
"out", but I am trying to nurse it along and hopefully it will last for awhile yet.


I had to include some AQUA because I think pink and aqua are just meant to be
together!


I think these photos with the books are off color. The flowers look more lavender to me than the true pink,
but they are pretty anyway...that temperamental camera again. OR it could be the photo taker??? 



Every time I notice that a few more flowers are out in full bloom, I run and pick them and stick them all
over the house. I just LOVE peony's! Can you tell?






I am including a couple photos of my old fashioned roses also. The smell from these is just
heavenly! They have been on our property for decades and I have dug up several starts,
plopped them in the ground and they grow wonderful for me. These photos are from starts
that were planted.



Hubby picked these light pink ones for me along the roadside a few days ago.

I had a plant exactly this color , but it didn't survive so I need to find another one.
I think it was called Sarah Bernhardt and my bff gave me a start...hmm...maybe
she has another one. You never know. :)

I love mixing all the shades of pink from very light pink to dark. I would also
like to get some white peony's to plant...someday.


I hope you have a wonderful upcoming weekend. My oldest granddaughter turned 16 yesterday and I
will be going to a masquerade party for her. That should be FUN! The older I get the more I
enjoy doing fun things and I am really looking forward to it. I may not look young, but I can
still party. ha!

5 comments:

Susie said...

Sandi, Those peonies look so pretty...they make me think of roses and smell just as sweet. I loved all your pictures. Blessings to you and yours, hope all is well. xoxo,Susie

arlete said...

Olá!Que lindo post! Ameias peonias;Beijo

Junkchiccottage said...

Just beautiful Sandi. I love peonies. Yours are gorgeous.
Kris

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

MY FAVORITE FLOWER! Mine will be blooming soon!!! Your photos are lovely! I hope to take some nice photos of mine!
deb

Jeanie said...

Dazzling! My peonies are doing their thing too, and they smell so good!