Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Window to my World

I have had fun working on a project yesterday and today. I purchased this six pane window from a friends mom for $5 some time ago (along with two more that I haven't used yet) and I finally decided what I wanted to do with it. It is now suspended in an opening that is between our kitchen and computer/craft room.
There used to be a door where this opening is and we took it out years ago and made this pass through with a ledge from leftover countertop. I have had linens , cupboards etc. sitting on here for a long time and decided it was time for a new look. This window fit perfectly with only an inch or two open on the sides. I suspended it in the opening with screw in hooks and eyes and it worked wonderful. Today I have been putting my "pretties" on it and so far I love how it is looking. I have used pieces of antique gauze with ruffles for the curtains. The one I used for a valance even has tiny pink dots on it. Please ignore all the "stuff" you can see through the window. Next, I need to clean out that room....but that will have to wait while I continue to play. *SMILE*

2 comments:

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Hi Sandi... It looks really sweet...

Amanda Kaake said...

Oh my word that totally makes that corner!!! Very neat idea. I would have never thought about that one. Gorgeous mom!