Monday, July 20, 2009

Tomatoes...Upside Down ~

My husband loves new gadgets
(what guy doesn't ???) ...
He first saw these upside down tomato planters on TV
and told me all about them.... So when he found them at a local store
he thought it was a sign from above.
We purchased one and are giving it a try ~
Our first tomato on our upside down planter ~ We haven't had a garden in several years, but we love tomatoes so we bought a few plants this year. I wanted to put the tiny Sweet 100's in the upside down planter, but hubby wanted the big beefy tomatoes in it... Guess who won? I just hope the big beefy tomatoes don't fall off before they are ripe. Can't wait until they are ready~ Blessings~

5 comments:

Splendid Little Stars said...

That's cool and a very pretty planter, too. I think I will try this next year. Thanks for sharing!

Melissa/Piney Rose said...

My sister and her hubby in Alabama got one of these and they think it is just the greatest thing ever. Our tomatoes are just beginning to ripen in the garden - right now I'm covered up in green beans!

blushing rose said...

In today's post I show my upside planters for tomatoes also, Sandi. We got them a couple years ago & they work wonderful ... they are cheaper off online services than from the TV commercials, tho. We have the big juicy tomatoes also. LMK how you like them. Hugs, TTFN ~Marydon

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Sandi, It looks beautiful! Now, I really want one. Our big tomato is even redder today... maybe by this weekend BBTs (bacon, basil, tomato ;)
xo~Tracie

Anonymous said...

I've wanted to try one of these but thought it would be too hard to lift the watering can so high to water the thing... How is it?