Thursday, March 11, 2010

One year more blessed ~

I think I need two houses to decorate.
{I didn't say to clean, I said to decorate.lol.}

I love the creams and neutrals nowdays,
but my heart still skips a beat when I find
vintage pieces like this~

I found this at an antique mall when I was at my daughter's
home last weekend...$2.00.
{along with another one that I will share later}

I had picked up a few vintage prayer cards and also
a vintage silver dish and although I really liked them,
I didn't have that
*oh my goodness* feeling
that I get when I find something really special
until... I found these~

They were in the very last booth at the antique mall
and I had to root through old paper items to find
these gems, but it was so worth it!

It's the little things that send me
*over the moon*.

My birthday was yesterday...all day long.
that means I am one year older,
one year wiser, {not sure about this one...lol},
one year crazier,
and one year more blessed!!

Have a beautiful sunshiny Thursday~

16 comments:

Crystal said...

Happy Birthday Sandi! I am glad you had a good time at the Antique Mall. This treasure would have sent me over the moon, too. What is it made out of? Do you have a special spot all picked out?

Have a wonderful day.

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday!! I think at a certain age every girl needs another house to decorate!!

Anonymous said...

Thats gorgeous Sandi! Ive never seen anything like that.Just 2.00 too??Wow.

Happy Belated birthday to you,I hope you had a good one!~~Becky

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Happy Birthday wishes to you, Sandi! The Emanuel card is indeed a treasure! Beautiful! Happy you found it!

Kindly, ldh

Hearts Turned said...

Happy birthday, Sandi! Hope it was a lovely day for you! I always think it should be a birthday week--so I think you should consider to spoil yourself today...and tomorrow....! Perhaps more antiques-shopping is required!

Whatever you do today, hope you enjoy every second of it!

Janet Happy Girl said...

Well happy birthday to you. If you need another house to decorate you can decorate mine....

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Oh Sandi.... Happy belated birthday..... I know you did something you love....

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Oh Sandi.... Happy belated birthday..... I know you did something you love....

Linda K. said...

Hope you had a wonderful and happy birthday! Your little card is a beautiful find.

Linda

Lady Farmer said...

Happy Birthday Sandi!
What a terrific find! I need to learn to dig through stuff to find treasures like that! You always find the best things!
Blessings!

Irene said...

Happy Birthday, you did good with your little finds.

Julie Marie said...

Oh Sandi, happy birthday to you yesterday! I hope it was a beautiful one! Your vintage roses are just gorgeous! I know what you mean about finding those "perfect" treasures that were just meant to belong to you... xoxo Julie Marie

Cynthia K. said...

Sandi, Happy Beautiful Birthday Week to you!! (Stretch it out, more pampering, buy yourself more little gifts).

I so adore also the little God with Us card (or maybe it is metal?) - just the most gorgeous roses...

Cynthia K. (Beauty and Blessings)

June said...

Sandi I wish I'd have known. I would have been here earlier to have wished you a happy birthday!!!
I love your latest treasures. I love that you are happy over the little things. It is a blessed way to live our lives.
I painted all day and so I'm late getting around, but I'm here. I've got to paint all day tomorrow too.Rats!!!
hugs

Vicki Boster said...

Wouldn't it really be just fabulous - to have another house to decorate and call our very own. Maybe just a special place to chill and walk around and touch the lovely things. Since it is your birthday - I wish for that for you!

Vicki

Nita Jo said...

Love the vintage card! It is sometimes the simple things that give us the most pleasure. I hope you had a very Happy Birthday!