Friday, March 11, 2011

My 100 mph birthday celebration!

Yesterday was another milestone for me.
I turned 52 years old.
I can't believe it...where have the years gone? I have been looking for them for a long time and
just can't seem to find them. lol.

My bff showered me with beautiful gifts again and
we had the best time together for lunch and laughter.
We even rode in her car at 100 mph!

{ I am telling everyone that , but something was wrong
with her speedometer. May have been set to kph instead
of mph. It really felt like we were going 50 instead , but
doesn't 100 sound much more exciting? ha!}

My bff told me awhile ago that she had been creating my
gifts and wow did she ever!! She made me two gorgeous
pillows and this is the first one.

{Made from two H&M shirts}

I was blown away when I opened the package. She
used up every little bit of fabric and utilized all the
buttons etc. The part at the bottom is a pocket so
I can add some goodies to it.

Love all the details! Buttons, plackets, cuffs etc.
She used it all!

This is the back of the pillow so depending on my mood {foofy or not} I can switch it up and one side is just as gorgeous as the other!

Here is the second pillow made from a sweater that had ruffles on it. I believe it is wool and oh so soft.

She used part of the ruffle to make the flower. I love it!

She is so so talented. She said she just started cutting
and these are what she came up with. She constantly amazes me with her beautiful creations!
Thank you so much my forever friend!!

I did tell her these pillows will be put UP when kids come
to stay. These pillows are not for laying heads on or
drooling on! {ha ha}

This is a very quick post as I DO have kids coming in
tonight and I need to get busy cleaning, but wanted
to show you some of my birthday goodies.

I did have a wonderful day...spend lunch and a few
hours with my bff and then when hubby got home
we went out to eat again and I shopped at Kohls too.
Got a black sweater {with ruffles of course}, some
of my favorite perfume , a rose pin and a scarf. All of it was on sale or clearance and then I had a
coupon to get an additional 30% off. Love a good sale... Blessings~

20 comments:

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Hi Sandi... Happy Birthday a day late.. Sounds as though it was quite lovely... good for you... wishes for a lovely day today also... Blessings..

Queen Bee's Musings said...

Hi,
What a fun day spent. We share our birthdays? I also wondered where the years have gone? It was a bigger door me 6 decades oh my!

Unknown said...

...oh happiest "celebrate" day!!!
funny how you said the speedometer
was going 100mph, but really it wasn't ~ as that is exactly how life seems...we're just minding our own buisness, living, and KABLAM we're celebrating another birthday!! I think the trick is to be enjoying our journey so much, we never really know what hit us ~ LOL!!!

biggest birthday squeezes dear Sandi!!
Rosemary

ShabbyESP said...

Hello Sandi,
Sounds like you had a great birthday, the pillows are so lovely.
Happy Birthday!!!
Suzann ~xoxo~

stefanie said...

yea!!! beautiful gifts, happy birthday!

Crystal said...

Happy Birthday to you!!!! What wonderful gifts!!! I love them!!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Happy
Birthday
to
YOU!!!
Very nice pillows from your bff and glad your day was Special!
warmly,
deb

Brenda said...

The pillows are wonderful, how sweet of your friend to remember you on your special day, Happy Belated Birthday,
Brenda

Donna said...

Happy birthday! And a lovely day at that! The pillows are delightful and such thoughtful gifts!

Julie Marie said...

Hi Sandi... Happy Birthday to you!... 52? You are just a kid!...love your beautiful new pillows!... how sweet of your bff to make them for you... sounds like you had a wonderful day and evening with your hubby too... dinner and shopping... perfect!... xoxo Julie Marie

Unknown said...

happy b'day sandi! sounds like you are having a wonderful celebration of it. those pillows your friend made are GORGEOUS! Have fun with the grandbabies!

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, dear Sandi!!! It sounds like you had a fabulous day. The pillows are gorgeous. Your friend knows how to make you happy :-).
Birthday hugs to you,
Julia

Passionate for White said...

Wow, you have a very generous and talented BFF! Happy Birthday!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Sandi!!!

Sounds like you had a lovely celebration! The pillows are gorgeous!!

Hope you keep celebrating right through the weekend!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, dear Sandi!! I am so glad you enjoyed your day :) The pillows are gorgeous!
Blessings
Becky C

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Happy Birthday! Fabulous Gifts for sure, your bff is pretty talented.She should sell them too! ~Cheers Kim

Lady Pamela said...

I love birthdays. A very special birthday hug for you, sweet faraway friend. Hope your celebrations last all week!

Andi's English Attic said...

Happy birthday! xx

Katherines Corner said...

Happy Birthday and wishes for many more!

Anonymous said...

A very happy birthday to you Sandi!! It sounds like you had a nice day !

What lovely pillows your sweet friend made for you!! Gosh they are just so pretty and can tell alot of love went in to them for you!!

bee blessed
mary