Saturday, March 12, 2011

Paper butterflies & lavender

Just can't seem to get enough of lavender lately.
I am somewhat allergic to it so I have to work
with it in a very well ventilated room or better yet
outside, but I love it.

The day I took these pictures the lighting
was horrible. It was a rainy, gloomy and dark day
so I am surprised that they turned out even
half way decent.

I added some more lavender to a few bottles I
have and I love the look. I also made a lavender
tag using an image from the Graphics Fairy.

up close and personal...:)

One day last week I made a bunch {flutter} of these
paper butterflies to hang from the top of my booth on
fishing line so they can fly around. I haven't gotten
them up there yet so I decided to add them to the
pictures. Love them!

Did you know that a group of butterflies is called
a flutter? I didn't. {My DIL told me} I think it is
amazing at my age that I am still learning new
things.

Hoping you are having a wonderful day today filled with unexpected blessings!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

your butterflies are just as gorgeous as your hearts are! soooooo lovely. a "flutter?" learned something new today as well. :)

Julie Marie said...

Hi Sandi, your bottles of lavender are just beautiful!... I too am allergic to the scent of lavender and I love it so much!... I can have it in my gardens, but not dried inside... love, love love your little butterflies too!... I collect many things with butterflies on them... and I love the real ones my gardens attract... did you know that in Native American belief butterflies mean eternal life?... I think that too is so beautiful...wishing you a beautiful weekend! xoxo Julie Marie

gail said...

I didn't know that either-and it is amazing how you can just keep learning.
I absolutely love these butterflies and your idea. I would like to try my hand at making them myself.
gail
adventuresininnkeeping.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Beautiful :)
Happy Birthday!!!
Roselle

Lady Pamela said...

Beautiful butterflies,Sandi. Will there be some in your shop??? Hint, Hint?

**Anne** said...

I love your butterflies. Do you use a large butterfly punch? The string used as for the body and feelers is adorable.
Anne xx

Passionate for White said...

I like the new look of your blog!

Unknown said...

Sweet Sandi, your lavender filed jars are lovely ... your accessories are the perfect touch! You have such a talent for exquisite beauty. Love the flutters, too.

I cannot get near lavender at all. So I'll continue to enjoy yours.

How was that birthday celebration with family? Hope you had a beautiful day.

Happy St. Paddy's Day ~
Have a wonderful weekend ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

CSN GIVEAWAY ENDS 3/17

Miss Gracie's House said...

Those tags are so, so cute! and the butterflies are perfect for spring...it's coming, right?!
HAPPY (late) BIRTHDAY!!!
Rene
THANK YOU for the sweet anniversary wishes...we had a wonderful time together!

Linda Breedlove said...

Just lovely.....

Marian said...

Sandi, you amaze me with all your talent and beautiful items you create!!

Paula ~ castleandcottagesigns said...

Love those little butterflies!
happy sunday Sandi!!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

What a great idea for your booth having the butterflies fluttering about! Can't wait to see photos!

Irene said...

Love your wonderful creations, I'm not allergic to lavender, but it just doesn't want to grow for me. You might think about getting some real butterflies. I use to do this with my boys when they were little they loved watching the metamorphosis, your little Annika would probably love that. I can't even remember where I bought them, probably on line.

{oc cottage} said...

Oh, how pretty!!!!

m ^..^