Monday, April 18, 2011

Easter decor

Can you believe that we woke up to
a little snow on the ground today after
almost 80 degree temps one day
last week? Crazy Michigan weather!

I decided it was time I made a few new items for
my booth so last week I got two of these adorable
shakers made.

I purchased the tutorial for these from Dawn over at

quite some time ago. She uses glitter and I have
made several like that in the past, but this time I used dried lavender and Easter images for something
different.

I thought they turned out sweet although my camera
skills leave a lot to be desired.
{Sorry for the glare}

I just realized I also found the pretty egg image on
the left over at The Feathered Nest as well.
What can I say...I love her graphics and ideas.

Today is a good day. Hubby is feeling better and is off
to work. I told him LIGHT DUTY today ...no twisting
and turning etc. Wonder if he will listen...hmm.
Happy Monday everyone!
Blessings~

11 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

Good Morning sweet Sandi!!! I LOVE this idea!!! Lavender is my favorite and a perfect filler for these displays ~ and you know I love the images you used too :) Wishing you a wonderful week and that Spring really will arrive! hugs and love, Dawn

Crystal said...

What a great idea for shakers!! I think I'll try this one!! Love the cards too!!

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

Oh - I love that first shaker! Did you make those cards as well? Beautiful! They should sell quick.

Sweet Old Vintage said...

I so want some nice weather... Your shakers are cute....

Julie Marie said...

Darling little jars Sandi!... your weather sounds like ours, but we have not been higher than 60 degrees one day... the rest have been snow and rain... again today... maybe I will start getting out my Christmas decorations again instead of Spring???... xoxo Julie Marie

Burlap Luxe said...

Hi Sandi
I can see the love of birds and there shelter places are featured here as well!

How we all love what nature gives us!

So many inspiring ideas from all the wonderful bloggers out here, and so many ideas run through our heads, yet when it comes time to post we sometimes find ourselves at a lost, until the next great creation!!

Thank you for your visits, and beautiful comments.
Keep inspiring us girl!

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
and never stops at all.
- Emily Dickenson

xoxo
Dore

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

So so pretty! Love the images and how special you made them!

June said...

I love these little shakers Sandi!
So cute!
big hugs friend...

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Happy to hear that your honey is doing better!

Snow?! Your weather is crazier than New England's!!!

Loving the shakers! I do not have any Easter decor out yet...sshh!

aimee said...

i love what you have done. very sweet.
blessings,
aimee

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

What beautiful pictures Sandi. I love it. Beautiful display....makes me think spring...instead of freezing temps that we are having here in S. California mountains!
blessings,
debbie