Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My one regret and digging in the archives

My bestie camera is in the fix it shop so
I had to get out the dusting cloth and go
digging wayyyyyy down into the archives. {hey it is dusty down there. lol}

I hope you enjoy these photos as much
the 2nd time around.

A favorite candleholder below~

old white buttons and ironstone~

Chippy candleholders~

My one regret you ask? I have been painting some items this week including this piece of an old shutter that I have had for several years. I never thought I would ever regret painting something white, but yep here I am. living with regret.

I don't know if you remember it from long ago posts, but this was a beautiful deep aqua with white paint splatters. I kept putting off painting it because I just wasn't sure and then one day I took the plunge. *sniff sniff* I do like it white, but it doesn't compare to what it looked like before...the wonderful patina all gone now. I am thinking of throwing it outside in the rain and see what that does. Seriously.

I also had hubby cut an old door in half for me and hinge it in the middle with old painty, peely, creamy hinges. I need to do some work on it yet and put the white porcelain doorknobs back on, but I love it. Intend to take it to my booth for a prop, but haven't accomplished that yet...one of these days.

Wayyy in the back of this photo do you see that metal cabinet with pink flowers on it? I know ...barely. I bought that beauty at the goodwill. Never seen anything like it before. I will show it better later. The bottom door tips out into a clothes hamper. So cool!! That is intended for my booth as well if I manage to actually get it there. lol.

Hopefully next Wednesday I will have my camera back and be taking new photos again to share with you. Run on over to Faded Charm for more beautiful White Wednesday posts and be sure and tell Kathleen that I said hello. :) Blessings~

11 comments:

Ricki Treleaven said...

Sandi, I adore your chippy candleholders. I love anything white and chippy! I am visiting from Faded Charm's White Wednesday.

Sheila said...

Lovelovelove the split door...i hope your day has been great :)

Smiles,
Sheila

Unknown said...

...oohhhh!!
Lovin' the cut in half vintage door!!!
sorry about your beloved speckled shutter, perhaps putting it out for a spell, would weather the top coat??

and yes, there were MILES of ruffles!!
good thing I have a ruffler:)

xo, Rosemary

Victoria said...

Everything is lovely, I love the door cut in two...great idea! I've had white paint regret on a couple of things also, I felt like I ruined their original beauty. You could always put it outside and let nature do its work!

Crystal said...

Isn't it terrible when you have painters regret?? I hate when that happens!! Love everything....the door is great!!!

Marian said...

Love the shutter and the door cut in half! What if you took the sander to the shutter and exposed some of the under color around the edges? Thanks for sharing!

Ido said...

Love your blog, became a follower. Have a fantastic day!
XXX Ido

Blue Ridge Altered Art said...

old buttons and ironstone. One of my favorite combinations. ~~Sherry~~

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Hi girlfriend!

Love, love, love, love the split door! Great idea...I'm borrowing it!

Happy WW!!

Unknown said...

Sandi: I just read on a blog (can't remember which one) that Easy Off oven cleaner removed the layers and layers of paint. Maybe you can gingerly apply it so just the white paint comes off. If it works, let us know!
Roselle

Vicki Boster said...

Oh Sandi- I simply love these "white" photos- they are all gorgeous. My favorite- the jewelry in the ironstone dish. And- I love the door that you altered and hinged!

As always you are full of inspiration- your blog is an unbelievable place to visit~~
Vicki