Friday, September 30, 2011

Digging around...and trouble commenting

Just a quick post to show you a few random photos that I found while digging around in my online folders. I purchased this huge candleholder when my sister was home from PA and we went junking in Blissfield, Michigan. It was only $5.00 so I snatched it right up. I do love a good bargain...does that make me cheap? :)

When I arrived home with my treasure my hubby informed me that there were supposed to be four places that hold the candles and sure enough...looking it over there should have been another candle cup on the arm in the back, but I still love it! Sometimes I am not a very observant person. When hubby is with me and I find glass items I always hand it to him to look over in case I missed something. It is great to have another set of eyes along. :)

I found these scissors several weeks ago as well at an antique mall for $2.00. Can't beat that. Love the shape.

This "S" is one I purchased at Hobby Lobby when they were 1/2 off . It was gold before I gave it my white treatment. The dainty lace holding it on the basket is very old.


  I found this top at the Goodwill and purchased it just because it was loaded with ruffles. It is already cut apart and one of these days I will make something neat with it...that is the plan anyways. :)

I picked up this yarn at a thrift store because I love the colors. I will use it for tags and as *ribbon* for gifts as well.


 I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend.  It is so cold today in Michigan. Forecast is high of 54 degrees, but next week it is supposed to warm up into the upper 70's again. Can't keep up with this crazy weather we have been having. Cold and rainy one day and warm the next.  We have had so many rainy days lately that we haven't had a chance to mow our yard that desperately needs it. It will be six feet high before we can get to it at this rate. ugh.
Blessings to each one of you today!

PS I have tried and tried to comment on many of your posts today and it is not working. I will click to submit comment and the comment box comes back up with nothing in it. Tried several times and the same problem...today when my computer is not doing too bad and I actually COULD leave a comment...many don't work...blogger issue??


13 comments:

High Street Cottage said...

Your Hubby sounds like mine. I miss little flaws that he catches all the time. But guess what? The candle stick is lovely, as with all your treasures. I love the little scissors, and the way you display your items. Beautiful photos.

The Altered Bee said...

Comforting to know that I am not the only one that buys things with nothing more than an idea that it will make something neat someday. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the ruffle top.

Lynne said...

I love the ruffles tucked into your fabulous basket! This whole post is pure charm! Sandi, I just love the vintage stamps that I purchased from you. They look great in my kitchen!
~Lynne
[w/L]

afistfullofweeds* said...

Loving all of your stuff!! I dont dare take my hubs junking with me....I would come home empty handed!!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

You have the most wonderful way of displaying things! I love the ruffles in the basket! Thought I would let you know that I am having that very odd commenting problem too!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

This is my second try to leave you a comment. I'm having the same problem you are having! I just wanted to say how much I enjoy your displays. I love those ruffles in the basket!

Anonymous said...

Great and lovely finds Sandi and yes, it's another blogger problem. Ugh! doesn't facebook and blogger know how important these things are to us?

andrea@townandprairie said...

OOOOoooooo!!! The scissors are so neat! I've never seen a pair like that. andrea@townandprairie

June said...

I enjoyed your photos you dug around to post Sandi. I have been reading the posts I have missed here and I LOVED your photos of your pumpkins! So pretty. And of course your darling picture of pretty little A. Loved them!
A couple of months ago I downloaded Google Chrome as my browser for blogging and I have never had an issue since. Today I forgot that I was on internet explorer and tried to leave comments and couldn't and then switched over to Chrome and had no trouble.
hugs from here...

Bohemian said...

Oh I'm loving what you dug up to share with us today! And yes, many peeps, including myself, have had problems with the comments... I had to lift the word verification off mine so that comments could be left more easily & I was thankful to those who took the time to e-mail and PM me to let me know they'd tried & tried through Blogger to no avail. I Hope you get yours resolved so that your many Supporters can let you know what they want to say about your Beautiful Posts.

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I love the candleholder--probably even more with 3 candles than 4.:)

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Has been happening to me too Sandi!
LOVE those scissors!

Miss Gracie's House said...

I'm with June...I use google chrome and haven't had any issues.
I am always getting things home and then finding issues, too...I try...GREAT photos!
Rene