Thursday, September 15, 2011

Hillsdale College Rummage Sale

I took my *mum* along with me to the Hillsdale College Rummage Sale yesterday and we had a splendid time and found several goodies that I thought I would share with you. I posted about this sale last year and would have totally missed it this year had my mother not asked about it. It started at 9 am and we got there about 8:20 am and stood in line until they opened the doors PROMPTLY at 9 am. The line snaked way back around the buildings as it does every year. It is fun just to go and see all the people if nothing else. lol. At 1 pm everything is at least 1/2 off if not more so we go right away and take a load or two to the car, then off for lunch and then we come back for the 1/2 off prices. Fun times!!  {I picked up these keys when they were 1/2 off for 2.00}

I purchased all the s and p when they were 1/2 off . 1.00 for a single one and 2.00 for the pair. The bird was 25 cents, the lavender sachet 30 cents( it is new and smells so yummy), planter 60 cents, pitcher 1.00 and the gorgeous runner they are laying on was 25 cents and not one thing wrong with it.


Found these napkin rings when we were there for the 1/2 off too. 50 cents for all four..

I just think this 25 cent runner is gorgeous.

A beautiful white , ruffled bedskirt for $3.00.

Not the greatest photo, but a pretty scarf that I paid a whopping 50 cents for.

I love the plaques by this maker and have some of the larger ones. I found this one for 50 cents. I also picked up two of the perfect square vintage linens this plaque is laying on for 1.00.

A bag of snowflake ornies for 50 cents. I figured I could do something crafty with them...maybe?? :)

I am sure you have seen this saying before. Brand new linen . Picked it up for a sale I am going to have...someday!

A ruffled skirt for 25 cents that I just couldn't pass up...again thinking something crafty.

an old music book for 10 cents


I have all the previous books in this series so was thrilled to find this one and just like new.  I know I purchased other items, but these were what I could put my hands on at the moment. I also purchased five panels of curtains from Pottery Barn for $4.00 and love them.  Somehow the doiles and lace coasters that I picked up didn't get in the post either. All in all it was a fun day out for *mum* and me.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it all but especially the message from the husband!! LOL!!
Marilyn

Ido said...

Love rummage sales, those salt and pepper shakers are sooooo cute!
XXX Ido

The Vintage Farmhouse said...

Wonderful Finds! ♥

Anonymous said...

Sandi, That just sounds like the best day ever. Going to a sale and to lunch with your mom, then back for the bargains. I truly hope your day was wonderful. Smiles, Susie

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Oh my goodness--what great deals you got! I'd be in 7th heaven at a sale like that:)

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Great finds Sandi! Glad you had good company today, hope you are smiling!!

Unknown said...

i remember your post about this sale from last year and was drooling all over your finds.this year did not "disappoint" either! wow....love...love!

Irene said...

You did very well. Love the linens.

Marietta said...

Sweet little treasures...

Andi's English Attic said...

Everything looks so scrummy. Photographed beautifully. Ruffles and white and glitter - and KEYS. I love old keys. xx

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

You've scored big time again, girl! I can't believe you got that awesome pitcher for just 1.00 dollar. Great find! I love the birdie too as well as the bedskirt, the snowflake ornies and the skirt. Have fun playing with all those goodies :-)!
Hugs to you,
Julia