Thursday, October 22, 2009

Pie Anyone ??

Coconut Cream Pie ...
Our struggling little church received a new pastor
{and wife} this summer and we are seeing very positive
results in the short time since they arrived. {YAY!}

One of their new ideas is to have a free lunch
one Sunday a month for anyone who wants to come.
Members of our church have embraced this idea
wholeheartedly and we have seen several new faces
in the short time that we have been doing this outreach.
Unemployment is high in our area and there are
so many people out there hurting who can
use a good home cooked meal.
Praying that we will continue to see
positive results and that these people will realize
that there truly is a God above who cares for them.

Okay , back to the pie. Someone brought an
Amazing
cream of coconut pie to one of the dinners.
It tasted like it was homemade.
surely it had to be.
but no... I found out who brought it and that it was a
frozen pie
purchased at the grocery store.
I went right out the next week and
purchased one. Yep, no restraint here with this gal !
Have I ever told you that...
I love coconut??

{Marie Callendar pie in case you are wondering}

Very thankful for the blessings in my life today~

14 comments:

Janet Happy Girl said...

I love coconut too...what grocery store...I'm hungry?

Karen said...

My favorite kind of pie and I make a killer one from scratch but do tell what brand??

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Maries pies are to die for... Many times I buy hers instead of making my own... Her berry berry is awesome..... Cherry delicious... By far the best ones out there.....

Anonymous said...

Coconut cream pie will always remind me of Gilligan's Island! Ha! ♥

Unknown said...

Oh yummers!!!! I will have to go and get one now, lol!

I am so glad your church is seeing positive results, that is wonderful!!!
Hugs,
Amy

Debra@CommonGround said...

Oh my Gosh, Sandi, I LOVE coconut cream pie! We'll have to give it a try. Didn't know if I'd invited you to come and visit my new Bible Study blog. Swing by if you can.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Debra

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Coconut pie sounds divine (although lemon meringue and key lime are my absolute favorites). What a wonderful ministry -- to be able to feed those who have fallen on hard times. That will certainly help to bring people together. I loved all your whites! And the leaves, the wonderful Fall foliage, the trees -- just so absolutely beautiful! All the best to you, :) Tammy

Unknown said...

I'm glad you are seeing some positive results with your church :) I am definitely going to buy this pie because my hubby loves coconut cream pie and this will score me some big points...with little effort...hee hee!!!

:) T

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

Hi Sandi, thank you for joining my followers. I will do yours, but I can't get a pitcure to work, it's just a silhouette.

I love you header with the dish of buttons. I love buttons.

cindy@stitches

Irene said...

What a wonderful idea, your lunch is, even if people have enough to eat, the community building that is happening is wonderful.

blushing rose said...

You jest! Heading over to store tomorrow. Yum! The Berry Berry IS excellent but it needs whip cream or ice cream & a quick warm zap in microwave ... OMG! My mouth is watering thinking of this ... like I need more junk in my trunk ... chuckle.

Hugs, TTFN ~Marydon

June said...

Sandi, I have bought this pie a couple of times before and scarfed it right down both times. Coconut cream is my very favorite cream pie.
I hope that you continue to be able to reach those who may be seeking something more in their life.
Hugs,
June

KayEllen said...

I love coconut.... anything!!yummy!!

Love the concept for reaching out to your church family:)

Blessing to you for sharing!

KayEllen

BTW..I still have the pretty bookmark you gave me in my bible:)

WIZARD OF ONCE WAS "WooW" said...

Sandi,
Okay, coconut cream pie is my all-time mostest favorite dessert! Whoa! I could sit and eat the whole thing...but I'll refrain! Sandi, Sorry I missed your WW post..feeling a little burned-out and overwhelmed with all my life issue this month! I always enjoy seeing your post (I did take a peek BtB..love the old wicker flower baskets) Se you this WW
My Best
Gale