Sunday, January 18, 2009

Antique Plates on Parade ~

I thought I would share a few of my antique plates with you that I just adore. Most of these are hanging on my walls and they add such character and beauty from years past, but I also do use them from time to time . I used to think that a person should only pull out the *GOOD* dishes when having company , but not anymore. Beauty is meant to be shared everyday and I love to use my antique dishes. Isn't this plate just dreamy with it's pink border and lush rose sprays... Love the roses again on this one and the muted green colors as well ~ I fell in love with this plate as soon as I spied it at an antique store. If I remember correctly I think I paid $3 for this one. What a steal! I also love old plates that show their age with crazing, discoloration etc. They just speak to me and have a special place in my heart ~ Another beauty...do you notice a running theme here....roses and pink ~
I purchased several of these plates and a matching bowl at a garage sale several years ago. They are very old and I paid a whopping $2 for the lot. I listed a couple on ebay soon afterwards and sold two plates for much more than I paid for them. I was very surprised to say the least. These plates are very shabby looking with missing paint etc. but I love them as is.
Another shabby looking plate with crazing that is very old ~
Last but not least is this beautiful plate. Most of these plates were from $1 - $5 each. There are still bargains out there if you really look.
I hope you enjoyed your *TOUR* of my antique plates on parade. Blessings! Sandi

3 comments:

Koleen said...

It's a shame we don't live close enough to go to the antique stores and flea markets together. We like the same things! I love your plates, they are so pretty. I like to use my dishes too. What's the point of having it if you can't use it?

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Morning Sandi... I also have many pink rose plates... They are my favorite and I also like to serve and diplay them very much...... Yours are just lovely.... Hope you had a good brisk weekend....

The Teacup Cottage said...

Absolutely beautiful! Those are the same colors as my kitchen and living area.