Friday, January 16, 2009

Family Heirloom Valentines ~

I have always been the *SAVER* in the family and I love that I have valentines that were my grandmothers, my mothers and mine. I just had to share a few pictures with you. The valentines in the first picture are valentines that my mother made when she was very young for my grandmother. My mother will be 71 years old in February so these are oldies! The next few are valentines that were given to my mother in grade school . The little elephant is moveable and just adorable ~
Okay...not my finest moment in arts and crafts , but this is a turtle valentine that I made my mother when I was very young ~
Valentines that I received as a child in 1961~

I hope you enjoyed reminiscing with me! Have a wonderful day! Blessings! Sandi

3 comments:

Koleen said...

Your valentines are so cute! I wish that I would have kept all of mine from when I was kid. I didn't realize that one day I would later want them and so many other things that I cleaned out. Stay warm.

Mrs. G said...

Oh what a sweet post! Thanks for your visit to my blog... hope to see you more often and I will enjoy reading yours too!

Amanda Kaake said...

Those are gorgeous cards!!