Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Garden cement and ivy

Happy White Wednesday everyone! I am a bit late today because I was going to use
my previous post for WW, but then changed my mind. I fell in love with this cement
 angel when I found her at TJ Maxx for 7.99 so she just had to come home with me.  I
have had the cement candleholder for a few years and I love it as much as the day
 I first purchased it.  


 I had a message written on this chalkboard for my granddaughter when she visited a
little over a week ago and yesterday I swapped out her name for  SPRING.
We are having way above normal temps here this week in Michigan and I am loving it.
70's and by the weekend 80 degrees!!  BRING IT ON!!

{I will say that Allysha noticed the *welcome* message right away and loved it!
I will also say that this arrangement needs help, but I wanted to show the chalkboard.
The little bush thing is dying or dead and I just need to change things up.}

I have realized this winter that I still have somewhat of a green thumb after all!! lol
I had purchased some ivy last year at the big box store for a little over $1 each and planted
some in containers for outside during the summer. When it was time to button everything
up for the winter, I brought these inside thinking they would never live. Not only did they
live, but they have flourished! They are on the back porch where it gets quite chilly in the
winter and maybe that is it. Whatever the reason, I am a happy camper!!

This plant is on the cupboard that hubby built out of old doors for me to cover our water heater. As
you can see this plant is huge too! I am delighted...happy WW everyone! Please visit Kathleen over
at Faded Charm again this week for more beautiful posts. 

13 comments:

Mammabellarte Rita Reade said...

Love your treasure from TJ Maxx! the cement mixed with the IVY is one of my favorite garden inspirations. Have a beautiful WW. Ciao Rita

Unknown said...

Stunning! You have such a delicate magic touch with your dcor, Sandi.

Have a lovely day ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

~ GIVEAWAY ends 3/15 ~

Lady Pamela said...

You sure have the gift of gardening. My african violet is blooming (white of course) I am over-the-moon happy. Must do a post and show everyone.

Irma@CosasBellas said...

Cement and Ivy {sigh}!

Bente said...

So beautiful.

Hugs Bente

Raspberries and Rose Petals said...

Hi Sandi! Your ivy is BEAUTIFUL! I always manage to kill ivy...maybe I had it in a too-warm place. Your little angel is adorable!

Happy WW!
Hugs!
Lori

Susie said...

Loving your ivy plant Sandi. It's perfect with your whites. Smiles, xo, Susie(She Junks)

Heaven's Walk said...

You've got a little garden angel almost like mine, Sandi, who sits and watches over my deck during the summer. :) Your ivy is so stinkin' healthy! You MUST have a green thumb! Careful if you decide to keep it planted outside, though. Mine took over the landscaping at our lake house. It's got a mind of it's own!!! lol!

xoxo laurie

All Things Chic 2 said...

Love the sweetness of your blog!!! I invite you to visit me as well!!! Your newest follower...Blessings LOri

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

So pretty Sandi!!
Can you send some of that green my way?

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

Gorgeous ivy and lovely whites abound here Sandi! The cement angel & candleholder are perfect.
Happy WW to you!

time worn interiors said...

Looks great! T.J. Maxx is the best!
tot

Lynn Stevens said...

Beautiful displays!!!