Sunday, March 25, 2012

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!

Hubby was out working on his RC truck this afternoon and I coaxed him into taking a drive up north a bit
to the Hillsdale College Slayton Arboretum. I have shared pictures of this place with you in the past , but
never this early! Before it was in the month of May to get the same trees budding. yikes. I am dreading
what this early Spring may do to the flowers and flowering trees.

Is this a gorgeous place or what?? I just can't get enough of it and I try to visit it at least once
 a year in the Spring to see everything in flower.  Looks like I almost missed it seeing all the
 petals on the ground, but they are still so beautiful!

I also love the stone building that sits very close to this gorgeous magnolia tree.


Someone there today asked if I was a professional photographer...LOL!! I said no just amateur.
She said she was as well. Hubby was carrying my camera bag so maybe she thought that was
like a caddy carrying a golfers bag?? hee hee Too funny.

I took over 250 pictures! While that sounds like a lot you can snap that many pictures so fast
it isn't even funny!! I will share more with you later, but just had to put a few on today for
you to enjoy. This photo above was not in the arboretum like the rest are, but on the
college campus.


Beautiful close up flowers. I want one of these trees so bad. I would even love my yard to be
filled with them. :)

I hope you enjoyed your little tour of the arboretum today. I sure enjoyed walking it
and taking pictures again this year. Happy Spring!!

{freeze warning here for tomorrow night...I will probably run around and cover my
small lilac bushes that are loaded with buds!}

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome, Sandi! I so love the blossoms on the trees but adorning the ground ... so romantic a sight.

You did capture spring beautifully, my friend.

Have a beautiful week ~
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

~ GIVEAWAY ends 3/30 ~

julie - eab designs said...

The tulip trees are beautiful, as are your photos! With the burst of warm weather here, it seemed as though the tulip trees here had there flowers for a couple days and then the blossoms were down on the ground. We finally had a day of rain so I hope that brings us back to some spring temps.

Irene said...

What a wonderful walk, I'd love one of those trees too, they just bloom so quickly and then it's over, it's almost sad. And yes we have freezing rain predicted too.

Heaven's Walk said...

Just gorgeous, Sandi! There's just something so romantic about seeing those petals all over the ground by the stone wall and water. LUV!

xoxo laurie

Shabby chic Sandy said...

We think alike--I had the same blog post title yesterday:) Those trees are beautiful--can't wait til we don't have to worry about freezing anymore!

Blessed Serendipity said...

So very beautiful Sandi. I love the color of the blooms. Breathtaking.

blessings,
Danielle

countrycharisma said...

Photos are fabulous! That stone building with the tulip magnolias blooming is just great! How nice to live that close to the Gardens.

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite spring trees is the Magnolia!! I love the color of the petals but here they are usually frozen before the are out full!! Freeze here tonight too....
Have a Great Day!!
Marilyn

Deborah said...

Your photos are just gorgeous, love the stone with the magnolia tree :)

Bee happy x
Have a delicious day!

Mr Paul said...

Just found your wonderful blog and became transfixed by your beautiful magnolia tree photgraphs.
They are quite magnificent in flower, when they shed their blooms it is equally as marvellous to see them carpet the floor.

Paul

Bente said...

Oh, what a beautiful place. I simply love it. Your photos is fantastic.

Hugs

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Hi Sandi...what a wonderful place to visit!! I am off to pin (hope you don't mind)!

Susie said...

Sandi, No wonder you want to go there every spring. So pretty. It looks peaceful too. Smiles, Susie(She Junks)