Saturday, March 3, 2012

Simple Markers

I meant to share these little goodies with you long before this, but alas I never did so there is no
time like the present.  I had purchased this type of corner bookmarks last fall on Etsy and thought
it was such a neat idea.  Some time after that while I was watching TV with hubby I decided to make
 my own version and here they are.
I found out quickly that pretty magazine pages make the best ones! I had several pottery barn
magazines and started ripping out the pages and creating bookmarks. Doesn't it look so pretty
on this book?

From a spring/summer edition I made garden markers.

From a fall/winter magazine I made "warmth" markers.  If you look in the background you can see
that I got carried away making them and I have enough to give away for the next year or so!! :)
Once I started I just couldn't stop. It was like a game seeing how unique each one turned out.

The sky is the limit on these and they are so fun and easy to make. I don't have a tutorial,
but I am betting if you tried google you just might find one.

I put them in sets to give away and I love this set. Such pretty  neutral tones and perfect
for my colors. What have you been making lately?

The weather here is so windy and gloomy so I had to use my flash. Sorry, but this is the best I
could do for today.  

15 comments:

Susie said...

Sandi,
I love those corner markers. You are so clever. Smiles to you,xo, Susie(She Junks)

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

These are darling! Just the sort of thing I'm in the mood to make. PB catalogs are perfect!

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

These are adorable! I want to make them and I have the latest PB catalogue to do just that! Thanks for sharing!

~Shanon

All Things Chic 2 said...

First time visiting!!! Beautiful!!! Your newest follower...Blessings Lori
I invite you to visit my world as well...

The Feathered Nest said...

These turned out so beautiful Sandi!!! What a great idea...I love that you used a Pottery Barn catalog too...just gorgeous ~ hugs and love, Dawn

Createology said...

Wonderful way to recycle and make something usable. I used to make these from the corners of envelopes. Joyful creating...

Anne said...

Those are just the neatest things! Love your blog! I'm a new follower! ♥ Anne

Bliss said...

This falls into the catagory of I've never seen anything like that before so it gets a big T.D.C. from me. (Too Darn Cute!)

~Bliss~
so clever in fact I'm pinning it so I won't forget I want to make some.

Mrs. Cherry Heart said...

Sandi, what a wonderful idea!

I wish I had the time and energy to make some, they'd be great for our bibles.

{putting this on my to do list} :-)

Smiles,
Miss Cherry Heart

Julie Marie said...

Oh Sandi, those are just fabulous!... you are so creative, you always amaze me!... xoxo Julie Marie

aLly.G said...

HI there!

those are absolutely gorgeous! would you please show me how to make those markers? ^^

Irene said...

I love these markers, and I did go on line to look up a tutorial. What fun. Guess what my next project for our used books sale will be.

kathi @ traybella said...

these are so fun! great idea to recycle those mail order catalogs.
kathi

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous and fun. I'm off to find instructions to clipix or pin.

Barbara Jean said...

catching up.
I was right. bookmarks!! =)

great idea

blessings
barbara jean