Thursday, March 1, 2012

Love and french toast {and a winner!}

Have I ever told you that I love my grandchildren?? Now I am not a sit in a rocking chair, knit hats
and blankets
kind of grandma, but I do love a visit every now and then. lol. It just so happens that
my 12 year old granddaughter Allysha has been visiting this week. We brought her home with us
when we visited my daughter this past weekend. {she is homeschooled and is keeping up on her
work while she is here}
The days are swiftly passing by so we have to make the most of our time together. I decided to make
 her a special breakfast this morning amd it was so yummy!!  French toast made with french bread
and fresh fruit.  Delicious!

One of my other little granddaughters, Annika, was so excited when we stopped by for a
visit a few days ago. I had no sooner stepped inside the door when she said "Follow me
Grandma" and off she ran.  I stayed close behind her, half running into her bedroom where
she picked up this paper heart and handed it to me. She was just beaming ...her sweet
 little 4 year old face all aglow!  She had written *Grandma Sandi* on the back of
 it in black marker,  glued little white hearts all over the front and colored it pink.
Her mommy told me that Annika had worked on it most of the day...just for me!
If that doesn't say *Love* then I don't know what does.

 I adore it and it will always have a special place in my home.
 This is the same little sweetie that tells me every once in awhile that
 "she misses the sound of my voice". Precious memories in the making!

Now on to announcing a winner of the book I am giving away.
I asked Allysha to pick the winner and the person she chose is:

Diane of*Passionate for White*

Drop me a email with your addy Diane and I will get this book mailed off to you
 asap.Thank you to everyone who entered.



I have also added the new linky followers to my sidebar if you want to
 follow along, although I have just read on another comment that Google 
connect will not be going away for blogger. My google followers are at 
the bottom of my page and I can't believe that I have hit 697 followers. 
Who would have thought??

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Melt your heart precious, my friend. They just make our lives even more rich & full ...

That breakfast looks pretty durn yummy!

Have a great eve ~
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Elyse said...

yum!
sweet!
congrats!

xo
elyse

Carole said...

You got me with that line....I miss the sound of your voice. How sweet is that?
hugs
Carole

Susie said...

Sandi, I just cracked up...I said something about having 46 followers, a couple weeks ago:):) Here you are with over 600. wow-wee
See how much people like you. Me too :):) Smiles, Susie(She Junks)

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

SO sweet! It's nice that you get to journal those moments at this lovely blog, too. Such precious memories they will be!
congrats on almost 700 followers Sandi - woo hoo!