Saturday, March 24, 2012

They're not just for coffee anymore!

I was playing around with coffee filters again yesterday and this morning and I thought I would share
some of my ideas with you.  I really hesitated to do this post because they are so EASY PEASY that
some of you might think I am nuts, but oh well. I guess I qualify for that title. LOL

First, we have a gift card holder shown above. The sky is the limit for embellishing any of these
projects. You could even hand stamp Happy Birthday , Just Because etc. for this one.
{for the sake of saving time I used the same filter for all five projects}
Get yourself a coffee filter and hand stamp it (or embellish it in other ways). When you are done
 with that, fold it like shown in the photo above.

Next, fold it up and when you do that it forms a little pocket in the back.

slip your gift card in and tie some twine or ribbon around it like shown in first photo.

Next, we have a tea bag holder. I love to send tea bags in the mail, but instead of just
putting them in the card, add a little hand stamped filter to it and tie it up with pretty ribbon.
{I love little details...can you tell?}

You just basically wrap this like a gift

After wrapping it up, embellish with a ribbon , twine or vintage lace.

Third is a napkin ring.

I folded my filter in half and then put it around the napkin and folded the sides in like shown in photo
above. Then I wrapped twine around it. I told you...EASY PEASY!! :)

Of course we all know about this one above. Tie it over a candle or jar of homemade goodies and it
will be that much more special when you give it away.

You can also use them as pretty liners in containers.  That is all the ideas for today. I am
sure at some point I will come up with some more , but until I do I would love to hear your
ideas for coffee filters so please share them with me!

{We have an abundance of coffee filters that we don't use anymore because of getting a different
style coffee maker, but they are pretty cheap even if you go buy them just for projects}

16 comments:

Julie Marie said...

You are amazing Sandi with what you come up with, I love those!... going to give them a try... xoxo Julie Marie

Unknown said...

They might be easy, but not everyone thinks of cute ideas like that. Thanks for sharing! I think they are really neat ideas!

Nancy

Amanda Kaake said...

That's a super cute idea!

Bente said...

You are so creative. I love to se your coffefilter ideas. If I come up with something, I will share it with you, for sure.

Hugs Bente

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

So darn cute! But of course your script stamp really makes it! I'll have to hunt one of those down. Great ideas!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Really sweet, Sandi! You are very creative. I agree with Jacqueline... the script stamp makes this really nice!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Great ideas! I have a script stamp I'll have to hunt up. And I think I have a whole pack of coffee filters that are the wrong size for my pot.

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Love this post--eventaully they are going to put coffee filters in the craft section of the store:)

Irene said...

What a great idea.

vintageandart said...

What a clever idea for the coffee filter and l love your crosses.

Unknown said...

oh my..all so sweet and lever!! well done! ;)

Createology said...

I adore little gift ideas and wrapping the ordinary into the extraordinary. Your ideas are wonderful and never too simple to share! This would be perfect for those mass "volunteer" gifts needed for thank yous. Bless you dear...

June said...

I love all these darling ideas Sandi!
You are so clever my friend.

Well we finally got some warm, warm temps today. 61 degrees hurray!!!
hugs...

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

I love it when you get creative Sandi!!

countrycharisma said...

Clever and nice!

Lady Pamela said...

How clever, Sandi. How about using them instead of paper doilies on plates of goodies at a tea party? Maybe that would work, too.
*Hugs*